Top 10 Best Paying Jobs That Don’t Require a College Degree
You want to make a good living but perhaps don't have the resources to cover college tuition or maybe you are re-entering the workforce later in life. While occupations that only require a high school diploma are often low-paying jobs, several actually pay well above average wage. Here is a list of the top 10 according to a recent study.
Marketwatch.com published the results of a 24/7 Wall St. review of wage and employment data. This was complied from the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics database. The jobs that made the list had a median annual salary of at least $60,000 and did not require formal education beyond a high school diploma.
10. Gas plant operators: Median annual income: $63,680
9. Electrical power-line installers and repairers: Median annual income: $64,170
8. Postmasters and mail superintendents: Median annual income: $65,15
7. Transportation inspectors: Median annual income: $65,950
6. Gaming (Casino) managers: Median annual income: $66,200
5. Power plant operators: Median annual income: $68,100
4. Commercial pilots: Median annual income: $74,470
3. Detectives and criminal investigators: Median annual income: $76,730
2. Elevator installers and repairers: Median annual income: $78,640
1. Transportation, storage and distribution managers: Median annual income: $83,890
So if you do not have a college degree, there are still many viable and valuable careers out there for you to make a great living. LinkedIn is a great resource for building your career profile, networking and job searching. Click HERE for LinkedIn. JobsInME is another good search engine for job hunting, as well. Click HERE for JobsInME.