10 Must Do Tips On How To Prepare For Portland On Tap
Portland On Tap is the ultimate beer festival with over 120 different craft beers to try. Are you ready for it?
Portland on Tap is the right thing to do at the end of January, in the dead of winter. Why drink at home alone, when you can come out and drink with friends? It is happening January 26th and 27th at the Cross Insurance Arena in Portland. Try 120+ craft beers on tap, enjoy live music from On Tap Band, eat food, and play classic drinking games.
According to adequateman.com, to truly enjoy Portland on Tap, not get dehydrated, disrespectful, and down right drunk, follow these 10 easy tips.
Remember, NOBODY likes a McDrunkie Drunk Jerk!
10. Don't bring a jacket even if it is freezing outside. You don't want to be lugging around your LL Bean Parka, while trying to enjoy your cold ones. You will survive.
9. Bring your ID even if you already purchased tickets online. The company must make sure everyone at the event is at least 21.
8. Be completely sober at the start. Going in already half buzzed will ruin the experience for you. You want to remember the beers you tried, right?
7. Start slow. Make a loop around the beer trail in the Cross Insurance Arena so you can get a feel for the vibe, and see which beers you must try along the way.
6. Put your phone away. Enjoy the scene, beer, music, games, and moments. But, feel free to get a selfie with your favorite radio DJ.
5. Feel free to dump the beers you don't care for. The alcohol will add up in your system, so if you don't like it, don't drink it.
4. Be patient waiting in lines. I know you want to get your hands on that one beer you have been dying to try, but other people are there, too. Breathe, and remember this is all an experience. You never know what cool people you can strike up a conversation with in line.
3. Be sure to eat before you drink. It is a good idea to have something in your belly before the beer gets in there. Something light, like a sandwich, hot dog, or chips and dip. Don't get too full; be just right. (FYI: There will be food at this event.)
2. Wear your favorite beer themed shirt! It is totally cool to be THAT GUY, and it could get you a few high fives.
1. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!