Tips and Tricks to Get Into Beach to Beacon
Tomorrow is the big day. Registration day for the 19th annual Beach to Beacon road race in Cape Elizabeth on August, 7th. Now, getting IN to the race is often as grueling and difficult as actually RUNNING the race. There are 4,000 slots up for grabs starting at 7am, Last year the slots were gone in 4 minutes and 15 seconds. It's a race! We've had good luck getting in the last few years. A couple of tricks that might help you:
- Have the registration link ready to go at 7am sharp.
- Try to log in with multiple computers! Once you get "in" to start filling in the rest of your registration, you can close out of the other machines.
- If you do get prompted to continue your registration, you still need to hurry, it's first come first serve, so type wicked quickly!
- One hold-up a lot of runners have is putting in their credit card information. We suggest copying and pasting your number before you start registering so you can save time. Every second counts!
- If you don't get in to the initial 4,000 slots, keep going. Sign up for the lottery. There are additional 1950 spots up for grabs. You'll be charged $5 to enter the lottery, well worth it. The lottery drawing will be on March 22nd.
- If you completely forget/oversleep/get distracted and don't sign-up tomorrow, know that the lottery registration continues until Sunday March 20th at Noon.
GOOD LUCK. If you've never run the course before, here's what you can look forward to.
Good luck tomorrow. It's an amazing race with a great beneficiary this year; My Place Teen Center in Westbrook