The Verizon Wireless Arena Will Now Be Known As…
The arena's naming rights are changing for the first time since it opened back in 2001.
Southern New Hampshire University has purchased the naming rights for New Hampshire's largest area, located on Elm St. in Manchester.
It's been known as the Verizon Wireless Arena since it opened on November 15th, 2001.
The name change will take effect on September 1st.
Here are some fun facts about the arena:
- It's site is on 8.03 acres with 2,650 tons of asphalt.
- The arena no longer has soda dispensers, they are 100% bottled soda
- They have 5 Coca-Cola Vending Machines that the general public can use
- The arena has 38 draft beer towers and 38 cash registers, 26 in their permanent concession stands and 12 potential portable beer stands
- The arena has 34 suites, 5 party suites, and 542 club seats.
- 11 miles of ice floor piping, 3,000 light bulbs, and 350 doors.
- Arenas like it: None