If You’re Visiting The Sea Dogs This Summer, Here Are Some New Things You Can Expect
The Portland Sea Dogs begin their 22nd season at Hadlock Field on Thursday, April 14th. This years team should include some of the Boston Red Sox's very best prospects. Expect to see names like Sam Travis, Andrew Benintendi and Rafael Devers at some point this summer. But beyond having a tremendous crop of talent, the Sea Dogs have announced a whole host of new features at Hadlock Field according to milb.com.
- Expanded concession areas. You won't have to get into separate lines now for different fried food items including french fries.
- Hamburgers and cheeseburgers will now be available at both concessions at each end of the stadium.
- Two new food items: Hand cut potatoes and clam cakes will be added to the menu.
- Not Your Fathers Root Beer and Ginger Ale will be offered at beer concessions.
- Sea Dog Helmet Boats will be introduced which will include an entree and fries served in a Sea Dogs souvenir helmet.
- For fan safety, the Sea Dogs have installed metal detectors at park entrance. You will not be required to remove any clothing to enter the park.
- The Sea Dogs have replaced all picnic area seats, sky view seats, upper box seats and general admission seats. Yes!
These improvements along with what should be a loaded roster for the Sea Dogs could make for an exciting summer at Hadlock Field. Are you ready for some baseball?