Do you Have a Phobia? You’re Not Alone!
Yuck! Is that picture of a spider making your skin crawl?! Are you so afraid of spiders that you are creeped out just by seeing a picture of one? I think that I feel more normal knowing that there are many, many people who have phobias. A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder that is defined as an irrational fear so great that the sufferer goes to extreme lengths to avoid what they fear.
A new survey has determined the ranking of American's biggest phobias:
- Acrophobia...fear of heights
- Arachnophobia...fear of spiders
- Claustrophobia...fear of tight spaces
- Ophidiophobia...fear of snakes
- Thalassophobia...fear of deep water
- Necrophobia...fear of death
- Glossophobia...fear of public speaking
- Coulrophobia...fear of clowns
- Trypanophobia...fear of needles
- Entomophobia...fear of insects
Do you have a phobia, or know someone else who does? Anything unusual? Comment on our Fan Page or tweet #bringinthe clowns
Good luck conquering your phobias. Oh where to begin with mine...