15 Things You Should Keep In Your Car
As many of you know I have been essentially living out of my car for the better part of a year now. I have many things in my car - extra clothes, toiletries, towels, snacks, bottles of water... you know the essentials.
However, According to this list I'm missing quite a few essential items. Check it out and let us know if there's anything missing from here that you think is a must have in your car!
1. Jumper cables.
2. At least one flashlight with extra batteries.
3. A first aid kit.
4. Non-perishable food. Meaning canned food and things like energy bars.
5. A can opener.
6. At least three gallons of water per person.
Which means TWELVE gallons for a family of four. But that's really just if you're driving through the middle of nowhere or going camping. Otherwise it's overkill, and you'll just get terrible gas mileage.
7. A basic toolkit with a wrench, pliers, and a screwdriver.
8. Food and water for your pets.
9. A hand-cranked radio, or one that uses batteries.
10. Cat litter or sand to give your wheels better traction if you get stuck.
11. A shovel. It's especially important in the winter, in case you need to dig your car out of the snow.
12. An ice scraper, unless you never drive anywhere cold.
13. Extra clothes, including a jacket.
14. A blanket or sleeping bag.
15. Your old cell phone, and make sure it stays charged. Even if it's deactivated, any cell phone can call 911.