Are You Obsessed With Your Dog?
I am. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.
After all, pets are family. As it turns out, my "obsessive behavior" is the norm among dog lovers.
According to a new study, the average dog owner posts a picture of their pooch or talks about them on social media six times a week. I probably post pics of my dog, Caesar two to three times a week. Which would you rather see: photos of someone's lunch or of my handsome Husky?
How many of these things do you do?
1. One out of every five pictures dog owners take includes their dog.
That's a "yes" from me.
2. 14% have Skyped or Facetimed with their dog while they were away.
I've Facetimed with Caesar. He has no idea what's going on, but it makes me feel better to see him.
3. 32% have a security camera at home they use to check on their dog.
Not yet, but it's a great idea. You can even buy a special camera made especially for pets, so that you can interact with them when you're away.
4. 11% have created a social media account for their dog.
I don't have one for Caesar, but I follow several dogs on Instagram. I love their pictures!
5. And 42% have their dog as the photo on their phone home screen or their computer desktop.
Caesar is on my home computer.
It would be interesting to see the stats on cat people. I bet the results would be very similar.