What Was Your First Car? [RESULTS]
Here's some of your pics and comments to Thursday's TBT question. What was your first car?
This is one of the best ones we've done...AMAZING responses! And some bad shorts (see above)
- Tammy Bertholdt Brown A Chevy station wagon that I got from Jimmy Murry on Block Island. He also gave me my first bike. He got it from the dump and cleaned it all up for me!
- Leann Brown Muzerall Green 72 duster. with the slant 6! Wish I still had it!Like · Reply · 14 hours ago · Edited
- Write a reply...
- Tom Merryman 92 ford ranger extended cab. Baught it n 01 & still on the road!!!
- Lori Snow Sheldon '65 VW bug, which I shared with my sisters. Then I bought myself a '71 VW super beetle.
- Ruth M. Parks A 1942 Chevrolet Business coupe. It had a front seat and the back had a flat floor to put your stuff in it but it worked well to go to a drive in and be able to take your brand new baby with you in 1954!!!
- Write a reply...
- Bekey Bordonaro Her name was "Cheyenne C C Corsica" the C C stood for crazy chevy.
- Pamela J. Williams 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air - we could fit 4 people in that trunk!
- Jessica Smith First one I bought was an 84 Chevy Cavalier. It never even got registered. Parents replaced it with an 87 chevette. I drove it for 7 years then bought 90 prisim on my own .Like · Reply · 10 hours ago
- Elizabeth Brockway 90-92 ford escort wagon (forget the exact year), only made it one inspection before rusting out though! My next was a beaut, and at only $3,000 I got my money's worth! For a used '93 Honda Accord that was ten years old when I bought it, the fact that it lasted me eight years beyond that is amazing! It even survived a spin out on my way to work two months after I bought it! I miss that thing...Like · Reply · 8 hours ago
- MirandaBill Perry 1987 Chrysler conquest ...five speed with turbo. Vroom vroomLike · Reply · 4 hours ago
- Teresa Clement Buick Skyhawk 5-speed manual with a sunroof - I thought it was the bomb!Like · Reply · 3 hours ago
- Jeannie Schwieger I got mine from my brother when he joined the Marines in 1968. It was a 1968 Camaro in Corvette Bronze.
- Janine Talbot 1975 Mercury Comet - white with a dark blue hard top... a cop totaled it one night on his way to a call!
- Paula Main Robinson British Racing Green 69 Opal GT. Learned how to drive it that day as it was a standard. Totalled it a few months later.
- Jessica Locke 1980 Monte Carlo. Black with a silver hood and a black turbo scoop. If was sweet!
- Pamela Duguay-Mortensen Way to brag Seth Pinkham! Chevette! And it smelled like a wet dog. But damn it was fast.
- Stephanie Ann Thereault 2000 Ford Escort ZX2 best little 5 speed ever! Wish I still had it!!
- Rebecca Freeman-Obrien 1978 Ford Fairmont. White with powder blue vinyl top. Sexy beast.
- Donna Hansen Pirone 71 Nova......then a 70 pinto....then 65 bug......and lastly my favorite I drove from SoCa to Maine 30 years ago.... my 1969 Mustang.....sure wish I still had that one!
Rod Boisvert72 Super Beetle in blue like this one. Car was 10 years old when I bought it for $600.
- Pamela Duguay-Mortensen Donna the Nova is the best......well mustang of course are the bomb but for a starter car. I'm dying!!!!!
- Tamara Murray 1984 black Chevy s10 extended cab pick up. Now I drive a real truck....a Jeep Wrangler.
- Heidi Ann Ugh... A 1971 Chevelle. I'd give my eye teeth to have it now. #sweetride
- Carlene Zullo My first official one I bought myself was a 1996 Nissan Altima and let me tell u Teddy Massachusetts insurance wasnt no joke! Omg $$$
Denise Ralph KearnsMy first car I bought myself was a brand spankin' new 1972 Bright Orange Super Beetle w sun roof. Paid $2500 cash which included one year of insurance. Sigh ...
- G's Angels 1970 Pontiac Lemans super sport, Hugger orange with a black top and rally wheels, that's the way "G"Rolled "T"Man Teddy McKay...
Bob PinkelmanBack in the mid-70s, when I was a senior in high school, I received a "hand-me-down," candy apple red, 1966 Ford Mustang! Back then, it was just an old, P.O.S. beater! DAMN, I wish I had that old "beater" again!
- Kariann Woolf 1996 Toyota Tercel Blackhawk. Had it for 13 years and just had to get rid of it this summer.
- April Colby I already had two kids by the time I got my first car so mine was a white. 1990 or 91 Dodge caravan. Bought it in 2005 for $100 from the owner of a flower store my mom worked at. :)
Karl Morlock1980 Subaru DL Hatchback! Red paint and pimped out....wish i still had it today.
- Katie Thompson Wmtw A lavender purple ford contour (nicknamed Connie) that was previously owned by my grandmother and had to be jump started in my high school parking lot at least once a week!!!!
- Aimée Bellefleur Hogan I had a 1977 Ford Grenada that was white with a maroon vinyl top. It had a huge splotch of purple bird poop on the trunk that would never come off, no matter how much I scrubbed that thing. It reminded me of that leg on that monument in Bucksport. It never came off.
- Kelly Allen 1989 VW Golf! I wanted to cut the top off it and keep it as a raised garden bed when it finally died and my ex said no!
- Sarah Pomelow Chevy beretta it was the shit. Ignition key snapped off in the ignition, seal on gas tank gone so could only throw 10 gallons at most in her. Ooooh the memories we had :-)