Social Distancing? Here Are 5 Things I’m Doing To Stay Busy
Are you “social distancing?” In other words, are you staying away from people because of what's happening in the world. With the exception of going to work and to the grocery store, I've been a home-body. And since it is difficult for me to sit still, I have been forcing myself to tackle my never ending to-do list. It's better than being a couch potato. Here is what I am doing to stay productive and to get my mind off of the news.:
(1) I cleaned out my refrigerator. I had stuff in there that I had completely forgotten about, such as vegetables that needed to be thrown out, and Girl Scout cookies that were still edible and delicious. (Yes, I put my cookies in the fridge. They last longer.)
(2) I went through a mountain of mail that had been piling up. I even found a bill that needed to be paid immediately. Thank
goodness, because I hate paying late charges.
(3) I opened a box of stuff I ordered from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it has been sitting on my desk for two weeks. I've been so busy with work, that I haven't had a chance to check my purchases. Luckily, nothing was broken.
(4) I laundered my shower curtain. To be honest, I have not washed it since I bought it three years ago. So, I just threw it in the washing machine with a couple of towels.
(5) Here is the most important thing I did: I face-timed a friend. I know from experience how very important it is to stay connected with the ones you love, even if you can only see them on your phone.
Well, that is what I did. Maybe, we can share ideas, so we don't go stir crazy.