Report: Maine Flu-Related Deaths Are On The Rise
Officials from the Maine Department of Health and Human Services say the number of Mainers killed by the flu has increased, according to our news partner WMTW. The report indicates that the number of people who have died is now 13. State health officials reportedly confirmed that three people passed away and 33 more people were hospitalized because of the flu, this past week.
So far, there have reportedly been 866 new positive flu tests, as per WMTW.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offer the following tips to avoid getting the flu.:
(1) Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
(2) Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
(3) Avoid touching your eyes, nose and/or mouth.
(4) Wash your hands often.
(5) Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and work.
(6) Stay home when you are sick.