Maine Lakes Winter Carnival With Chili Eating Contest and Rail Jam
No plans this weekend? That changes now.
It's the Winter Carnival at Highland Lake in Bridgton. It all starts Friday, February 17 at the Bridgton Old Town Hall at 6 pm with the 1st Annual Ice Queen Pageant. A new Ice Queen will be crowned. The categories are:
- Miss Congeniality
- Winter Wear
- Formal (Ice Gown)
Then on Saturday, February 18, it's a Spicy Chili Eating Contest! Make sure you have a strong stomach for this spicy chili!
Then on Saturday, it's a Rail Jam! It's open to both skiers and snowboarders. 6-14 age group and 15+ age group. It's at Highland Lake Beach in Bridgton and registration starts at 10 in the morning, with the jam starting at 1:30 pm. Want to plan for all the fun? Here's a handy dandy schedule of events! Some events require you to purchase a 'button'. You can get your button for Winter Carnival at the Chamber office, Happy Valley Popcorn Co., Key Bank, and Campfire Grille in Bridgton.
- Kids ICE Fishing Derby - 8 am registration at Unc’L Lunkers Bait & Tackle 8 Gage St. Bridgton – Fishing starts at 9 am on Highland Lake
- Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides - 11 am – 3:30 pm (*button)
- Performance by Juggler Richard Hagerstrom - 11 am (*button)
- ICE Bar - 12 pm - 6 pm serviced by Campfire Grille. No one under 21 and button required.
- Freezing for a Reason Polar Dip - 1 pm to benefit Harvest Hills Animal Shelter
- Spicy Chili Eating Contest - 1 pm
- Family Movie Showing - 2 pm
- Rail Jam - 2 pm - 430 pm
- Fireworks on the Lake - 6 pm (for safety no one is allowed on the lake)
All day long there will be music, food, and an ice rink at Old Town Hall. Kids under 5 don't need a button. Have a great fun weekend!