I Absolutely Despise Driving on This Maine Road Every Day
I fully admit this could be because I grew up in the Merrimack Valley, right on the Salem, New Hampshire/Methuen, Massachusetts border. Granted, I was on the New Hampshire side, but still. If you grew up that close to the border, you definitely inherited the Massachusetts road rage trait.
So, it could just be that and I'm the only one that has a problem with this road. Or I could be right and this road just severely sucks. But regardless, driving on it every day is the bane of my existence.
Interstate 295 in Maine
I hate it. I hate it. I HATE IT. I HATE IT. And it's really the only thing negative feeling I have about living in Maine. Otherwise, everything is great. 98% of the people are either nice or mind their business and don't bother you. The other 2% want you to get off their lawn and not call yourself a Mainer. I'm cool with that.
But sweet baby Jesus I want to support a local Maine business that will sell me a pick axe and just let me swing away at 295. Burn that stupid road to the ground.
Two lane highways
Obviously, I'm being dramatic and hopefully it's actually entertaining you. Really, the problem isn't with 295 itself, but more so the people on it. And not just any people. Not just any single driver that sashays over the roadway.
It's specifically the morons that go slower than the traffic in the right lane while crawling in the passing lane. And I'm not talking about how I'm frustrated that I can't go 85 in the left lane zipping by everyone because I feel like it. I just want to get home after a long day of work.
I just want to be able to go the speed limit. IN THE PASSING LANE!
And I'd think that maybe growing up in the Merrimack Valley could make me the only person that feels this way and it's a strictly "me thing." A "from away" thing. But the people flying up and down the Maine Turnpike going easily 90 mph make me think I'm not on a lonely island.