Can You Beat AJ & Nikki’s Score On The World’s Shortest IQ Test?
The world's shortest IQ test is going viral, according to the Daily Mirror. It is only three questions long, and all three are math questions. So, if you're good with numbers, you'll probably do well.
Are you ready to take it? Here are the three questions:
(1) A bat and ball cost $1.10 total. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
(2) It takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets. How long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?
(3) There's a patch of lily pads in a lake. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long will it take to cover half of the lake?
Who do you think did better on the world's shortest IQ test? AJ or Nikki? AJ got two of the three questions correct -- the first and third one. Nikki didn't get any of them right. She responded with all of the common answers. Math is definitely not her forte.
Here are the common answers along with the correct ones, as per the Daily Mirror:
(1) The common wrong answer is 10 cents. The right answer is 5 cents.
(2) The common wrong answer is 100 minutes. The right answer is 5 minutes.
(3) The common wrong answer is 24 days. The right answer is 47 days.
How did you do? Don't feel bad if you did as poorly as Nikki did. 83% of people miss at least one question. Besides, they are very tricky.