Worst Nightmare While You’re At The Gym: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
At least four people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday morning at Lifestyles Fitness Center at 29 Pleasant Hill Road in Scarborough, Maine according to WMTW. One of the people was reportedly taken to Maine Medical Center to be evaluated further.
Firefighters responded to a phone call about an odor that was causing people to be sick, according to WMTW. When they arrived, fire officials reportedly measured high levels of carbon monoxide in the ventilation system.
Lifestyles was ventilated and will remain closed while repairs are being made, as per WMTW.