NINE Things You Should Never Buy at a Yard Sale
'Tis the season. Everybody loves a good bargain, but beware of these often broken, unsafe and unsanitary items when you head out to yard sales:
Here's a list of 9 things you should never buy at a yard sale:
1. Helmets: They're designed to protect you from one accident, and one accident only. Sometimes damage isn’t visible and since it actually protects your head maybe you should spend a little more on it.
2. Car seats: Same deal. Duh.
3. Kitchen appliances: Stuff like blenders, toasters, coffee makers and other small items may only work part of the time, or may even be a fire hazard. Take it from a guy who lost his home to a fire.
4. Tires: SAFETY. Seriously, reach into your pocket for this one.
5. Laptop: Because no one has ever dropped, stepped on, chucked, thrown up on or driven over one.
6. Running shoes: Have you ever heard of athlete's feet? They don't have to be an athlete.
7. Pots, pans, plates and cookware: Pretty sure we eat off of these things.
8. Cribs: Stop being so cheap.
9. Baby bottles: If I have to explain this one, you should never have had a baby.
Do you go to yard sales?
Do you have any do's or don'ts?