Smell This, and Feel That. Really Cool Facts About Your Olfactory System.
Saturday morning, the coffee is brewing and suddenly I am transported to another place. The simple smell of coffee brewing can call forth so many memories and even cause me to feel real emotions. What’s your favorite smell? Read this:
Our sense of smell is our strongest and, in my opinion, quite fascinating! Click here to read some really cool stuff about our olfactory system. Here are some to pique your interest:
- You can smell as fresh as a daisy every month and your scent cells are renewed every 28 days, so every four weeks you get a new “nose”.
- Smell is the most sensitive of the senses. People can remember smells with 65% accuracy after a year, while visual recall is about 50% after three months.
- Research has shown that smell is the sense most linked to our emotional recollection. So, when linked to a product, that can reap dividends.
- Studies show that 75% of emotions are triggered by smell which is linked to pleasure, well-being, emotion and memory – handy when you want people to buy your products.
- One of the most evocative smells from childhood is crayons.
When someone tells you to stop and smell the roses. You probably should take them literally! What is YOUR most favorite smell? Mike