Getty Images

Carbon  Monoxide poisoning has made headlines in Maine this winter as snow drifts block vents and people fail to vent heaters and generators properly. Carbon monoxide is called the silent killer because it's invisible, odorless and tasteless. That's why a detector is so important!

Some people mistake the symptoms for the flu, they are:

  • dull headache
  • weakness
  • dizziness
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • confusion
  • shortness of breath
  • blurred vision
Carbon monoxide in the air diminishes your ability to absorb oxygen, and prolonged exposure can lead to brain damage and even death. If you suspect that you've been exposed, get fresh air right away and seek emergency care!

Here's information about where to place, and how to use your carbon monoxide alarm.

It's good to vent.

Celeste