Pay it Forward Friday is back!
This week Mike and I are launching our third #PayitForward Friday and we are SO excited! The first week we purchased flowers from our friends at Minotts Flowers on Free Street here in Portland to be given to a few random customers. Last week we donated $1 for every caller who shared their pay it forward moment to the Red Cross, and THIS week we took to the streets and decided to purchase the order for the car behind us in the Dunkin Donuts drive through!
The momentum on this is growing and we've been so excited to share in YOUR excitement. We've received so many emails from all of you amazing listeners sharing with us how you are choosing to pay it forward, and I can't tell you how heartwarming it has been!
Here are a few examples of how you could pay it forward today!
- Buy a movie ticket for the person behind you in line
- Send a card to someone in the military overseas
- Put something you no longer need on craigslist for free
- Tape a bag of microwaveable popcorn to a Redbox machine with a note saying “Enjoy some popcorn with your movie!”
- Drop off a toy or game at a children’s hospital
- Buy an extra umbrella and on a rainy day give it to someone who needs it
- Anonymously mail cash to someone you know who is having a hard time financially
- Give a random stranger a compliment
- Buy two of something you love and give one away
- At a restaurant, pay for someone’s meal anonymously
- Offer to help an elderly neighbor with their household chores
- Buy a meal for a homeless person
- Pay the toll for the person behind you
- Leave a container of laundry detergent at a laundromat with a note saying, “Feel free to use!”
- Bring a treat to work to share with your coworkers
- Pay for the person’s coffee who is behind you in line
- Write someone a note to tell them how much you appreciate them
- Buy a bouquet of flowers and start handing them out one by one
- Run an errand for an elderly neighbor
- Buy a car wash ticket and leave it on someone’s windshield with a note saying, “Enjoy a car wash on me. Happy driving!”
- Volunteer at a food bank
- Pay for the next car’s meal at the drive-thru
- Donate blood
- Pass along a great book you’ve just finished reading
- Pay the toll for the car behind you
We can't wait to hear how you have chosen to #PayitForward today!