Let’s Go Fishing with New Hampshire Fish & Game
Learn ice fishing with New Hampshire Fish & Game's Let's Go Fishing classes during February. It may be one of those things that you've thinking about, but don't have the skills. Or you want the kids learn elite skills. This is your chance.
Classes are free unless otherwise noted. Be sure to call ahead to reserve your space:
* Melendy Pond, Route 13, Brookline – Drop-in workshops Saturday, February 8 and Sunday, February 9, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Come when you can and stay as long as you like this free clinic does not require reservations. Contact Dale Riley, Tuesday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at (603) 673-2987 or evenings at (603) 673-4036.
* Amoskeag Fishways, Manchester – Two-part class on Friday, February 14, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, February 15, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Contact the Amoskeag Fishways at (603) 626-3474 for more information
* Region 1 Fish and Game Office, Lancaster, NH - Saturday February 15, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Two-hour classroom session and the remainder of the day will be spent on a local pond. Contact UNH Cooperative Extension for sign-up at 603-788-4961.
* Robinson Pond, Robinson Road, Hudson – Drop in workshops Saturday, February 22, and Sunday, February 23, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Come when you can and stay as long as you like this free clinic does not require reservations. Contact Dale Riley, Tuesday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at (603) 673-2987 or evenings at (603) 673-4036
* Haverhill Recreation Department – One-day workshop on Saturday, February 22, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call (603) 787-6096 for more information.
* Grantham Recreation Department – One-day workshop on Saturday, March 1, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. E-mail email@example.com or call (603) 443-2894 for more information.
All the ice fishing classes include a hands-on indoor session where students learn about ice fishing equipment, safety and practices, and winter ecology of lakes and ponds; plus a field trip where students head out to a local pond and put their newly learned skills to the test! Classes are open to everyone; those 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.