Hey Mainers, What Makes You Feel Old?
So this happened. Yep, I got my official AARP Card in the mail. This is just one of the many things that has me feeling old lately.
On my list of mortality reality checks:
- Pain in my right hip. A pain anywhere else in your body is not as elderly feeling as a hip. Now I understand why old people do that funny little waddle-walk, their hips hurt. Everybody waddlin', now you waddlin' too.
- A cashier at Trader Joe's asked if I was a "retired person".
- Kids that I graduated from High School with are grandparents.
- All those "over 50" insurance company offers now apply to me.
- What's with all of these freckles on my arms?!
- I can no longer be a hand model, unless it's for age spot cream.
- My favorite album, Pyromania, came out in 1983. Thirty three years ago.
What makes you feel old? Comment on our Fan Page or tweet #oldfolkpains
Your old friend,