Did You Know That Was A Law??
I have to admit that I did not know these things were actual laws in Maine, but they are.
1. You may not step out of a plane in flight
2. After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up.
3. Shotguns are required to be taken to church in the event of a Native American attack.
Native American attack???... wow ... you'd think they would have updated these since, oh I don't know, 1790 something!
Personally I've always thought it was fairly obvious that one should stay put on a plane while it's in flight. I've never really understood skydiving's allure, because... well because I'm pretty sure I'd die of a heart attack on the way down. In case you were unsure, it's totally against the law.
And don't worry, I wouldn't dream of leaving New Hampshire out!
1. Any cattle that crosses state roads must be fitted with a device to gather it's feces.
2. You may not run machinery on Sundays
3. On Sundays citizens may not relieve themselves while looking up.
4. You may not tap your feet, not your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant, or cafe.
I have to admit, it makes me wonder how often old laws are reviewed, and also makes me wonder who came up with them and why. And more importantly, how did they enforce #3?
What about you? What kinds of law would you make if you could? Feel free to share them with us here or on our Facebook!
And in the meantime, keep your toe tappin' to yourself ;-)