The Twilight II Steamship was built in 1911 at Bath Iron Works by Stillman Sawyer, built in sections that were shipped by railroad to Greenville, then assembled. The Twilight II was 95 feet long.

The ship was used primarily for passenger travel, but would also tow booms of wood to the Kennebec River log drives.

She sank at her mooring in 1943 and remains at the bottom of Moosehead Lake. Some parts can be seen at low tide.

Youtuber Dallas Fields gives us a tour of the sunken vessel from his dive earlier this month.