BREAKING: Search Continues for Man Who Robbed Two Portland Banks
Portland Police are searching for an armed robber who held up two area banks. Here is what we know now:
- Both the cPort Credit Union on Forest Avenue and the Bank of America in One City Center were robbed today within minutes of one another, and it appears as if both were robbed by the same suspect.
- The suspect ran into and through the One City Center parking garage in Monument Square after allegedly robbing the Bank of America on the first floor of One City Center. Police have reopened the garage.
- From WCSH6.com: "Witnesses told police they saw a late model red Ford or Mercury sedan fleeing City Center with two black males."
- From Portland Press Herald: This "... may be the work of the same person who robbed TruChoice Credit Union on May 26 and University Credit Union on May 14, [Commander Gary] Rogers said. Both those robberies were committed by a heavily disguised black male wielding a black handgun."
- Also from Portland Press Herald: "At both robberies, the suspect was wearing distinct hats, one with lettering that read "It's my mother f---ing birthday."
- The search for the suspect(s) continues. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Portland Police Department at 207-874-8575.
This story is updating.